Welcome to Brookwood Accountancy
Tax & Compliance
(Accounts Production and Corporation Tax Returns) We can prepare statutory accounts and corporation tax returns for limited companies with year end reports for you. Our approach to accounts preparation is different; name your requirements and we’ll make it our goal is to assist you with what ever system you would like to install or utilize. Our specialist team is also able to prepare management accounts and annual returns for your business. At Brookwood Accountancy , we are proud to say our specialty is accounts preparation to give business owners a true picture of the state of financial health of the business. After almost 30 years we provide the highest quality service in Oxfordshire. We work on a basis that the year end work should be completed within 120 days of the year end, rather than to the HMRC deadlines.
For the good of your business today and for the future, accurate bookkeeping is vital. Essential to any success is producing useful management information. Making the most of available tax relief, and to categorise your expenditure for VAT purposes ensures tax is minimized and dealt with properly. Using cloud-based technology we can help in lots of ways, however much or little you need us. Maybe you want to outsource your entire bookkeeping, or you need bookkeeping advice or support to organise your records before preparing financial statements. Whatever you need, we’re here to help. We can:
- visit your premises whenever you like
- offer occasional processing support
- provide online access to your records
- train your staff to improve their bookkeeping skills.
Specialist Tax Services
The complexity of self assessments makes it very hard for non-financially trained business owners to complete a tax return. Constant changes to tax legislation makes it harder to keep up with what is allowable and acceptable to HMRC. Brookwood Accountancy removes the stress and worry of completing the tax return. We ensure you claim all allowable expenditure, minimise the tax liability and get the tax return filed on time. We can assist with:
- Rental property accounts
- Income and expenditure accounts
- Sole Trader Accounts
- CIS tax returns
- Assist with any correspondences with HMRC
Dealing with the payroll and ensuring compliance with employment legislation, and avoiding possible fines, can be yet another burden and concern and does not add value to your business. Using our payroll service, you will ensure everything is done in accordance with the appropriate legislation, allowing you to focus on running your business or organisation. In particular, our payroll clients have peace of mind when it comes to dealing with Real Time Information (RTI) and Auto-enrolment. Our dedicated payroll team looks after the payroll for all sizes of businesses and organisations dealing with employees and directors.
- Free up staff for more productive duties
- No need to do CPD on payroll matters, legislation or tax
- No need to purchase payroll software or updates
Financial forecasting assist you to meet your business goals. They are a future prediction of your business finances success or failure, as compared with statements, which provide details of actual results or progress. Predicting the financial future of your business is not easy, especially if you’re starting a business and don’t have a trading history. However, forecasting and making adjustments frequently will enable you to become more accurate. Monthly or weekly forecasts may be necessary when starting your business, experiencing rapid growth, or having financial difficulties. Regular forecasts allow you to closely monitor your finances and develop strategies to fix problems before they become major issues. Frequent forecasts may be more appropriate for a stable, established business.
All companies are required to have a registered office, but it is not necessary for this to be located at your operational address. If you decide to distance your registered office address from your operational base then you may elect to use Brookwood address as your company’s registered office. This is a service that we provide to many of our clients. Maintenance of Statutory Registers
- We can maintain your company’s registers electronically or, if you prefer, in hard copy.
- Preparation of Minutes
- We can prepare draft minutes for directors’ and members’ meetings.
- Annual Filings
- Where instructed, we can complete your company’s Confirmation Statement (formerly known as Annual Return) and deal with filings at Companies House. We also monitor the filing status of your financial statements to ensure that they are filed on time.
- In addition, we can provide you with the following company secretarial services:
- Amendments to the officers of the company
- Changes to the Memorandum and Articles of Association
- Changes to Authorised and issued share capital
Virtual Finance Director
Has your business grown to the point where the bookkeeper just isn’t enough anymore? Do you know the company needs more financial planning, financial management and qualified support? By utilising the team at Brookwood a plan can be developed to provide the level of support required, even if the necessary support is escalating as the business grows. The company owner does not have to be concerned that the resources in the finance area are insufficient. Brookwood will always be able to provide the backstop as your company grows. Often the combination of the Virtual FD and Executive Mentoring will combine to provide the necessary information and impetus to really push the business owner. The business will also benefit as both develop from the continual input of better reporting, goal setting and management effectiveness. Usually the hardest part for a business owner is the assessment of their own skills, capabilities and deficiencies before they can move forward, the strategy session to map out the current and future plans and goals.
The benefits you can receive from the Virtual FD service include:
- Accurate and timely reporting of financial performance each month. You and your staff will know how the business is performing. You will be alerted to potential problems earlier, so will have time to make necessary changes.
- Budgeting and forecasting services leading to action plans to drive your business forward.
- Support as and when it is needed for you and your key staff to improve performance, whether by training, mentoring, or rapid feedback of results.
- Brookwood can handle your Sales Ledger and Purchase ledger function, providing you with regular updates of cash commitments and cash flows and dealing with credit control.
- More time for you to concentrate on the sales, marketing and operations of your business rather than being caught up in the routine finance function
- Improved credibility with your bankers as they will see that you have expertise and advice available on tap
- With Brookwood Cloud Accounting Solutions, you can access your accounts at any time, so you can be reassured that you are in control of your data
HMRC Enquiry Services
Every business and individual needs to be prepared for an enquiry. Even if everything is absolutely fine the process of responding to an enquiry can be a long process. The uncertainty and costs are both financially draining and can create anxiety and unnecessary worry. With 30 years of experience of HMRC enquiries Brookwood can assist with all level of enquiries from the simple aspect to the more full cross taxes enquiry. Full enquiries normally involve HMRC undertaking a detailed examination of all the business’ books and records. This may lead to enquiries also being opened into the personal tax affairs of the directors, unusual but not unheard of in certain cases. A full enquiry may also entail HMRC reviewing not only the corporation tax liability, but also any PAYE/NIC or VAT liabilities – this is becoming more common. The defence of companies and directors subject to such enquiries and acting to ensure that the company and any affected directors only pay what is properly due is critical. Experience in these areas and an understanding of HMRC’s approach is essential to any successful defence.
Brookwood Accountancy deal with every aspect of the investigation including:
- Starting point – providing clarity and formulating a plan to deal with the investigation;
- handling all communications with HMRC;
- taking full control of the investigation to give you peace of mind;
- focusing on working towards the most efficient way to achieve the earliest possible closure of any tax investigation;
- preparing or reviewing HMRC calculations relevant to your tax affairs to determine any tax liability due as a result of the enquiry; and
- taking action to minimise interest and penalties.
Get Started With Brookwood!
Are you interested in working with us or maybe your have a question? Fill out this form and will be in touch with you right away to help you in any way we can. We understand the